Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mets Send K-Rod to DQ, Gets All the Ice Cream He Wants As Long As He's Paying...

According to Metsblog, here, K-Rod has been placed on the disqualified list and will not be paid until he is able to play again nor will he pick up any service time (this one I picked up from SNY's news scroll during the game - probably will affect contract options).  This is coming after a successful surgery on K-Rod's thumb, which was messed up during his altercation with his kids' grandfather. 

Not a bad move...

To me, this looks like the Mets are testing the waters here.  I think this makes more sense, and seems more reasonable to pass, than if they tried to void his contract altogether.  Although I bet the Union is still pissed and will definitely do something to try to get K-Rod paid, at least the Mets are trying to do SOMETHING about this ridiculous situation.

I still think this whole situation is retarded...by the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment