Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mets Win, Stand Pat and Play in 20 Minutes

Last night the Mets delivered a much needed win behind solid efforts from D.Wright and Takahashi, when Beltran drove a sac-fly in the ninth to win the game 5-4 (box), and put the Mets 6.5 games back in both the wild card and divisional races.   Nice win, now do it again today...

Speaking of today, the Mets finish their series with the D'backs in what amounts to a very important chance to pick up another game before heading to Atlanta and Philly.  Niese starts for the Mets against the recently aquired Daniel Hudson.  Here's the line up courtesy of the Mets on twitter:

Reyes-SS
Feliciano-LF
Pagan-CF
Wright-3B
Davis-1B
Francoeur-RF
Thole-C
Cora-2B

Niese-P

I like this line up, for the obvious reason (no Castillo), although I wish Beltran didn't need the day off but the reality is that this might actually make the team's outfield defense better.  Also, Beltran clearly needs the day off because of his knee...

As for the Mets not dealing at the deadline...


I wasn't expecting any major moves.  I would have liked a starter, but I think I was most dissappointed by the team not being able to move a bad contract or two.  Of course, I am talking about Castillo and Perez.  I realize that would have taken some creative doings by Omar...but I would have been very excited if that happened.  I'm still holding out hope they'll pass through waivers and can still be traded later this season...I really don't like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment