Wednesday, December 23, 2009

While You Were Sleepin': The Royals One Marlon Away From All-Anderson Outfield (12/22)

The Nationals are nearing a one-year deal with "Everyday" Eddie Guardado, according to FoxSports.com. Also, Bill Ladson on Twitter reports of the Nationals interest in Smoltz, however, they are unwilling to "break the bank" to get him. No surprises there...

Also in the NL East the Phillies are continuing to look at the back end of their bullpen, with an eye towards free agents who could potentially close for them should Lidge not rebound. Two of these free agents include Fernando Rodney (link) and Mike MacDougal (link). I can't blame them. That may have been their only weak point last year.

And FoxSports.com has confirmed Troy Glaus signing a one-year deal with the Braves. I know this may sound dumb, but as a Mets fan, that scares me. When he's healthy he can really hit.

Elsewhere, as Scott Merkin first tweeted, the Royals have signed Brian Anderson to a one year contract. Good news, now with Brian and Josh in the fold, the Royals are a Marlon Anderson away from potential playing an all-Anderson outfield at some point next season. If that doesn't sell tickets in KC, I don't know what will.

And finally, mlb.com is reporting that Delgado has delayed his start in winter ball, which I think is a horrible sign. I was all for bringing him back, until I heard this. I don't like the idea of bringing him in if he's not 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment