Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Johan and Con Ed Provide Fireworks in Queens Last Night

Last night the Mets defeated the Reds 3-0 (box score/wrap) on what I was told was a fantastic performance from Johan Santana.  The reason I heard he pitched well and didn't see it?  Well, Johan wasn't the only one providing fireworks last night with his first career home run, as my block in Queens had a giant explosion and the "transformer blew".  So outside of not having power on the hottest day in the last 30 years, not sleeping much, missing a great pitching performance and Santana hitting a bomb, I would say I had a pretty great night...ugh.

I'm not even going to pretend like I can talk about this game any more than from what I saw in the highlights.  So let's just leave it as Johan had a great night all-around, and the Mets need to build on that tonight to take the rubber game of this series with the Reds...

Tonight it's Niese against Arroyo at 7:10...

Let's go Mets.

No comments:

Post a Comment