Friday, May 21, 2010

Line Up For Game #1 of Subway Series, 2010 Edition

It's Takahashi and Vasquez starting on the hill tonight in the "Citi."  Here's the Mets line up courtesy of the team's twitter account:


Reyes SS
Cora 2B
Bay LF
Davis 1B
Wright 3B
Pagan CF
Barajas C
Francoeur RF
Takahashi P


I have to say straight off, that with the way Pagan's been playing, I love him hitting sixth.  I also really like Davis in the clean up spot, Wright at 5 and Bay at 3.  Somehow Francoeur hitting 8th makes the line up seem deeper.  And apparently Cashstealo looks slow for a reason, as his foot is still bothering him, which is why he isn't starting tonight.  On a similar note, I don't get why whoever is playing second base ALWAYS has to hit in the two-hole, but that is an issue for a different day because with the rest of the line up tonight, it makes sense.


I'd like to see another offensive performance like we saw yesterday, because I think it's fair to assume the Mets are going to have to score this weekend to win this series. And by the way...Let's go Mets.

No comments:

Post a Comment