Sunday, April 18, 2010

It's Time For Ike, For Real

Alright, it's time.  According to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, here, the Mets are promoting Ike Davis.  Guess, I picked a good game to head out to CitiField for the first time this year.

In the article Rubin says, "Mets officials have resolved to promote heralded prospect Ike Davis to Citi Field this week, team sources told ESPNNewYork.com."

Ok, so I guess Carter gets bypassed again.  Sorry Chris.  One day Carter will get a shot and he will mash, the problem is when will he get that shot.  I would have liked to see Carter get a shot, but I think the team would have to believe that Ike is better overall.  So, I can't really complain...

In fact, I like Ike being promoted because, in my mind, he's a better option at 1B than anything else the Mets have at this point.  It's nice to see the team making a move here, but I think there needs to be a commitment to Davis now.  I don't want to see Ike struggle and then get sent down when Murphy returns.  To me, this move should be permanent and Davis should be given every opportunity to learn up at the major league level.  This needs to be a youth movement, not an appeasement move...

Tomorrow will be fun.  I hope Ike gets the start...

No comments:

Post a Comment