Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Quick Pitchin': Double Dip, Line-Up and New RTU

Due to a lack of free time in the work space my day blogging has been much more sparse recently, and for that I'm sorry.  And, unfortunately today is no different so...

Here's some quick pitchin' for the day.  It's all the time I can spare today, especially since I'm heading into the "Citi" at 5:30 to catch the remainder of the double dip.

Thanks to the weather I got rained out of my second Mets game of the year.  In response, I woke up early this morning hit up the "Citi" and exchanged my tickets for last night and got back tickets in the same row for today's double-dip (ticket office was very helpful), which unfortunately due to work, I won't be able to get to until about 6:15.  BUT, I won't miss a pitch until I leave the office.  Thus, I'm putting my 1.000 winning percentage on the line tonight, and I will count both games as attendance assuming I see at least one inning in game one.  So, let's go Mets...

Speaking of tonight's double dip, which starts at 4:10.  Game 1 will feature Santana vs. Kuroda, and Game 2 will see Oliver Perez against Charlie Haeger (mets.com).  Here's the line up for game 1 according to Metsblog, "The Mets have said Angel Pagan will play center field and hit leadoff today in Game 1, followed in order by Luis Castillo, Jose Reyes, Jason Bay, David Wright, Ike Davis, Gary Matthews Jr. in right field, Rod Barajas behind the plate, and Johan Santana on the mound."  Should be fun.  Although, I must admit, I'm pretty happy that I'll end up seeing my man crush play a whole game, as I'm assuming Francoeur will be in the line-up in game 2...

Also, there will be another new episode of Ready to Unload with Cal and Sanpete tonight, so if you haven't given them a listen it's worth it.  I won't be able to listen because I will be in the "Citi", but as always I will try my best to call in.  Maybe drop a little Sweeny Murti on those guys, just without the credentials...

Anyway, this is an exciting day, and I'm looking forward to seeing some bonus baseball today...

No comments:

Post a Comment