Saturday, April 24, 2010

Wild Game Last Night, Mets Win 5-2

The Mets won a wild one last night against the Braves 5-2 (box score/wrap), in a game that included Maine getting injured, a re-shuffled line-up, Ike Davis' first major league homer, back-to-back triples from Reyes and Bay and one of the wildest infield fly plays I've ever seen.

Last night in the fourt inning John Maine left the game with what was called spasms.  I don't know why but I'm not all that concerned.  Probably because it could give someone else a chance to steal his rotation spot.  Speaking of which, Takahashi was excellent in relief.  Just Sayin'...

Ike Davis hit his first major league homer, and it was a bomb.  Also who has Ike Davis hitting his first Met homer before Jason Bay? Not me.  But...

Bay did have a nice triple last night, immediately following one from Reyes, which was nice to see.  Looks like people might be starting to come around and this team may be ready to win a few more games.

As for the crazy infield fly play, let's give credit to Angel Pagan for the hustle...BUT...I think more credit goes to Chip Hale who saw the play open up and was basically screaming at Pagan to run.  I don't know why I was so surprised last night when I saw the replay that it seemed to be Hale's doing not Pagan's.  At least Pagan was able to take advantage of the opportunity.

Interesting night.  Should be a fun weekend against the Braves...

No comments:

Post a Comment