Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Perez Not Great, Bullpen Worse in Mets 9-3 Loss to Cubs

Tonight the Mets fell to the Cubbies 9-3, on what was a terrible night for the Mets bullpen (box score).  Perez wasn't overly effective, but this loss really falls on the bullpen who let this game get out of hand.  Specifically Acosta and Takahashi really let the Cubs put some space between themselves and the Mets.  Perez went 5 innings giving up 8 hits and 3 runs, 2 of which were earned.  Acosta, who I no longer want to see more of, went 1 and 1/3 innings giving up 3 runs, and Takahashi went 2 innings giving up 3 runs of his own.  Not exactly the best outting from the Mets bullpen.

Interesting to note that Carlos Silva had a nice outing tonight, and has had a pretty good season so far.  That's interesting because it was speculated at one point in the offseason that Silva was probably the only guy the Mets could have dealt their current starting second baseman for.  I'm just sayin'...

Also, I'm getting really tired of watching Rod Barajas pop out and strike out.  I realized he hit a homer today, but seriously, he's hitting .200 with a .191 OBP, I don't think I've ever seen that before.  Having a lower OBP than batting average takes serious skills.  Can I now say that although I liked Barajas over Santos, Molina would have been better? 

Oh, fire Jerry Manuel...

Meanwhile in a not so angry place, the Mets go for their first series win of the season when Johan Santana takes the hill tomorrow night at 7 against Tom Gorzelanny.

No comments:

Post a Comment