Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Want Wang, There, I Said It

After calming down after writing my last post, I realized the Mets have one last shot at getting a top-of-the-rotation pitcher, Chien-Ming Wang.

I'm not worried about an innings eater right now, the season hasn't started yet. Our bullpen will not be tired right away, so let's cross that bridge when we get there. In the meantime, getting 200-plus innings from a starter with a mid-4 era is not worth it. Sorry, Garland. Let's get Smoltz in the fold for the time being, and then move on Wang. Wang is the only front-end guy left here, and if we need to wait until May to see him start, then so be it. But, either way, the Mets need quality over quantity in terms of innings.

And it seems to me, our last hope for a quality arm is Wang...

No comments:

Post a Comment