Friday, January 8, 2010

Wright State of Mind

In an article in the NY Post, David Wright was interviewed regarding last year's let down and his ability to bounce back this season. In the article Mark Hale paints Wright as a positive and hard-working star looking to put up some stellar number in 2010.

"It's what I'm accustomed to," Wright said in his first public comments since the Mets' season ended. "I have all the confidence in the world that with the lineup that we're putting out there next year. And with [hitting coach Howard Johnson] and the rest of the coaching staff and being able to dissect my swing and know what I was doing right and wrong last year, I'll go out there and do what I'm capable of doing, and that's driving in runs and scoring runs."

Also in the article Wright makes no excuses about hitting in CitiField or line up deficiencies last season as his reason for his production drop off. Instead, he makes comments about having his mechanics out of whack and not being comfortable in the box.

Hale notes Wright as being thrilled by the Jason Bay signing and Wright says, ""I'm ready to go," he said. "I'm excited. We have a lot to prove. I have some things to prove."

All-in-all, it's nice to hear that he's working hard and is excited to get this season underway, because in 2010, Wright is correct, he and the Mets have plenty to prove.

No comments:

Post a Comment