Monday, February 1, 2010

Buster Olney: "These Are Your Pre-Camp '10 Mets"

In other news, Buster Olney hates Mets fans, and decided to rain all over our parade of free-agent-optimism today, by tweeting that the " expectations with the Mets FO is that the team is finished spending money for now." Basically slashing any optimism fans had of the team making any meaningful moves before the team reports to Tradition Field. He then goes on to say the following, "These are your pre-camp '10 Mets." I think I speak for everyone when I say, I hope I'm wrong, but "ugh".

I was really hoping the Mets would be able to shed Castillo and bring in another starter before spring training started, but I guess this flushes those hoped down the drain.

Although...

All Olney is saying is that the Mets are done spending money, but to me, that doesn't mean they can't move players as long as the salaries and equal or the Mets are shedding salary. Granted, I don't think that is completely realistic, BUT, it does allow the chance for a trade in that language.

If you take Olney's report as truth, I guess the Mets are going to head into spring training around the middle of the pack in the NL East, and are going to hope they can stay in it long enough to make a trade at the deadline for any of those soon-to-be free agents in the class of 2010.

It could be worse...They could be platooning Fernando Tatis at 1B...Oh...wait...crud...

No comments:

Post a Comment