Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mets Sign Barajas...Whatever

According to a tweet from Ken Rosenthal, the Mets have signed Rod Barajas.  Rotoworld expands on the deal here, saying that it will be a one-year $1 million deal, with an easily attainable $1 million in incentives.

My reaction is well documented already, but here it is again...

If Thole really needs another season down in triple-A, then I'll like this deal because it will keep Omir Santos from being the starting catcher.  If Thole is hitting well and shows improvement handling a pitching staff, and Barajas has another bad average, I will be ticked. 

The bottom-line here is that it's probably the right move.  I just wish it was done on a minor league deal in case Thole is showing signs of being ready to take the starting job this season.  In the meantime, I am fine with this...

No comments:

Post a Comment