Monday, February 15, 2010

Endy Signs With Texas

As relayed by rotoworld.com, here, Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram is reporting via twitter that Endy Chavez has signed a minor leage deal with the Texas Rangers. 

Chavez would have been a nice addition to the bench competition for the Mets, but my guess is seeing all the other bodies out there in the Mets outfield, he had a better shot to make a team elsewhere.  I don't blame Chavez for making this move, and don't even blame the Mets for not signing him (assuming they tried). 

Chavez is responsible for possibly one of the greatest catches of all-time.  He is a part of Mets folklore, and unfortunately the outcome of that game has seemed to keep him out of MLB folklore.  Endy will always be a player I root for, and I hope that should it make sense again in the future, I would like to see the Mets and Endy re-unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment