Sunday, March 28, 2010

While I Was Watching the NCAA Tourney...

I have, admittedly, been slacking over the last day or so, due to the NCAA tournament.  So here's my little up to speed on what I missed:

Mets lost the Nationals yesterday 7-5 despite the impossible being possible, and Luis Castillo hitting a home run.  Takahashi, Calero and Igarashi had some tough outtings. Check out the box score, here.

In an article for MLB.com, here, Marty Noble says that despite his work Reyes still may not be ready for Opening Day.  Omar is quoted in the article probably saying the smartest thing I've heard from him ever, "We're not going to rush for the sake of one game...Having him play the whole [or the vast majority of the games] is the most important thing."  I'm on board.  If Reyes is missing a week to start the season I'll be ok with that, any longer I'd be concerned about what the hold up is...

Also, the Mets are facing the Cardinals currently on PIX 11.  Pelfrey so far has given up 5 runs and 3 homers.  Not a great outting so far from Pelfrey, but like Gary and Ron say, the wind is wild today.  Although Pujols and Ludwick hit homers that might have left Cowboy stadium...

No comments:

Post a Comment